Arran is accessible all year round by ferry from Ardrossan to Brodick, and in summer by an additional ferry from Claonaig on the Kintyre peninsula to Lochranza. A reduced service runs from
Tarbert to Lochranza in winter.
For ferry reservations and details contact:
Address: Caledonian Macbrayne Ltd, Ferry terminal, Gourock. PA19 1QP
Tel: 0800 066 5000
- From Brodick pier, turn first left onto the A841 heading south for approximately 13.5 miles.
- You will pass through the village of Lamlash followed by Whiting bay.
- You will then come to the first of 2 signs for Kildonan, ignore this.
- After the second sign continue along the road for approximately 3.0 miles.
You will pass signs for Balegra, Hillhead and Craigview farms.
You should then see a clear glass BT Telephone box on the left-hand side.
- Just after this on the left you will find the road end down to The Old Farmhouse.
There will also be signage for Shannochie self-catering.
Opposite the road end you will see the council bins for The Old Farmhouse.
If you arrive at the Torylinn Creamery, you have traveled too far.
- On your right-hand side going down the single track road you will pass Shannochie self-catering.
- Carry on further down the road and on your right-hand side you will pass a house called Meadhor.
- Keep going until you are at the road end where there will be a farm gate in-front of you.
- Go through this and park straight ahead.
Please be careful to close the farm gate after you.